Code of Practice
LZR Code of Practice
The term ‘professional conduct’ refers to the way in which we act while in a professional capacity.
When providing services, LZR Partners will display an appropriate, professional standard of behaviour beyond that which is expected of someone who is not acting in a professional capacity.
Our Code sets out our principles under five separate categories:
Honesty and integrity
- 1. We act honestly and with integrity.
- 2. We comply with the taxation laws in the conduct of your personal affairs.
- 3. If we:
- receive money or other property from or on behalf of a client, and
- hold the money or other property on trust
- we will account to our client for the money or other property.
- 4. We act lawfully in the best interests of our client.
- 5. We have in place adequate arrangements for the management of conflicts of interest that may arise in relation to the activities that we undertake in the capacity of a registered tax agent.
- 6. Unless we have a legal duty to do so, we will not disclose any information relating to a client’s affairs to a third party without our client’s permission.
- 7. We will ensure that any tax agent service that we provide, or that is provided on our behalf, is provided competently.
- 8. We maintain knowledge and skills relevant to the services that we provide.
- 9. We take reasonable care in ascertaining a client’s state of affairs, to the extent that ascertaining the state of those affairs is relevant to a statement we are making or a thing we are doing on behalf of our client.
- 10. We take reasonable care to ensure that taxation laws are applied correctly to the circumstances in relation to which we are providing advice to our client.
- 11. We will not knowingly obstruct the proper administration of the taxation laws.
- 12. We will advise our client of our client’s rights and obligations under the taxation laws that are materially related to the tax agent services we provide.
- 13. We maintain an appropriate level of professional indemnity insurance.
- 14. We respond to requests and directions in a timely, responsible and reasonable manner.